Make A Difference – Volunteer with Jamie’s Computers
Volunteers play an important role at Jamie’s Computers and throughout the organisation.
They assist staff members in a range of areas such as collecting IT equipment from businesses, helping to load containers to be sent out to Computer Aid International and IT refurbishment.
By giving up your time to Jamie’s Computers, you can really make a difference within the community and help us to support vulnerable and disadvantaged adults.
There are many benefits to volunteering at Jamie’s, whether you are looking to improve your knowledge of IT or maybe you have a few spare hours each week that you would like to fill.
Who We Are
The Society of St James society set up Jamie’s Computers in 2002 with the aim to provide education, work experience and valuable IT recycling service to the community. The charity addresses poverty, alcohol addiction, Substance misuse and mentalhealth amognst homelessness in Hampshire. 100% of all Jamie’s Computers Profits go towards the Society of St James.
We are award winning, non profit, social enterprise
We provide secure computer recycling & refurbishment service
We refurbish many desktops and laptops
Social Impact Statement
Jamies Computers have been working with disadvantaged people in our community, read our Social Impact Statement to find our more.
Watch a video about our volunteers
Work Experience Opportunities
- Stripping and Recycling Assistant – Explore the innards of IT hardware by stripping apart PC’s, laptops, servers and many different types of equipment, while recycling key components and parts.
- Sales / Marketing Assistant – Be creative andbring fresh ideas, while communicating with customers.
- Data Erasing Assistant – securely erasing data from hard drives systematically following technical guidelines.
- Administration Assistant – Learn the admin procedures that underpin our business.
- Warehouse Assistant – Work in a team and organise equipment, palletise, and pick in a busy warehouse.
- IT Workshop Assistant – Learn to refurbish and reinstall operating systems, diagnose issue and apply fixes.
Ready to find out more?
Improve your CV, learn new skills, Get a reference, help your community!
Stand out from the Crowd
- Develop your IT skills working for a great cause?
- Gain valuable work experience in areas such as marketing and Social Media?
- Improve your CV and become more employable?
Jamies Computers have been working with both Colleges and University students to help practice what they’ve learnt and consolidate the knowledge they’ve acquired through study. We have worked with students on a relevant bespoke projects through placements, internships or work experience.
Contact us now and find out more
We work with these partners in order to provide work experience and skills to the wider community