Today, we all know how important the environment is, and for many businesses, it is now a legal requirement to dispose of your computers and electronic equipment properly.
Jamie’s Computers is a Southampton based social enterprise that offers a socially, as well as environmentally, responsible computer recycling solution for individuals and businesses. For your complete peace of mind, Jamies guarantees 100% data destruction.
Jamies Computers endeavour to provide the best possible service for our clients.
Jamies Computers is pleased to announce that we will no longer be charging for collection of
* Used ink or toner cartridges.
For large bulky Photocopiers or Wide Format Printers, we will be charging a flat rate of £36 per collection, due to size, weight and difficulty of handling.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
As a Social Enterprise, who distributes its profits into Society Of Saint James, (a Hampshire based Homelessness Charity helping over 2500 residents with Alcohol and Drug Addiction programmes), the decision to drop the charges affects our bottom line.
Our Corporate Customers Include
Jamie’s Computers is a Southampton and Hampshire based computer recycling social enterprise that provides a complete computer decommissioning solution to businesses replacing their hardware. Our service includes data destruction, reuse and computer recycling. We’re registered with the Environment Agency as an Authorised Treatment Facility and can guarantee compliance with regulations, including the WEEE Directive, Duty of Care and Data Protection Act.
We have over 10 years experience of handling computers at end-of-life and provide solutions to major companies, SMEs and educational establishments.
Our customers include:
- B&Q (Kingfisher IT Services)
- First Wessex
- Winchester City Council
- Hampshire Probation Services
FREE BLANCCO DATA DESTRUCTION & FREE CERTIFICATION
In Spring 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) goes into effect. with Fines up to 2-4% of worldwide turnover, Data protection is a huge priority.
Jamies computers have the processes and equipment in place to ensure our clients data is safe. We do this using Blancco 5 erasure software
The Most Certified Data Erasure Software Available
Data destruction of this type offers advantages over physical destruction in that it allows the computer equipment to be refurbished and reused.
Our skilled Technicians use Blancco 5 software to erase the data, the software then re-scans the hard disk to verify that the data destruction is complete and creates a report that contains our refurb code, make/model and serial number of that hard disk and test report. Jamies Computers produce a FREE DATA DESTRUCTION CERTIFICATE for your records to show that all data destruction for your assets is complete.
Faulty Hard Disks: We guarantee to physically destroy any hard drives that are faulty or that we cannot wipe.
This service is FREE of charge.
WEEE Directive and Duty of Care
- We are registered with the Environment Agency as an Authorised Treatment Facility for WEEE
- We are a registered Hazardous Waste Carrier and provide consignment notes for the safe transportation of your waste, in line with government legislation. Some examples of Hazardous Waste include CRT monitors, UPS’s and photocopiers.
N.B. We have a registered exemption with the Environment Agency under Paragraph 41 for Environmental Permitting.
Your business can get tax relief if it makes a gift of equipment or trading stock to a charity or Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC). By using Jamie’s for your IT disposal you will be able to reduce the taxable profits your business makes by the value of the IT equipment donated, because we are a charity. Using Jamie’s Computers means you’ll pay less tax. This applies whether you’re in business as a sole trader, a partnership or a company.
Data Protection Act
- Our data destruction service guarantees that none of your data can be retrieved and that your business is fully compliant.
- We can issue data destruction certificates to confirm this upon request.
The Computer Disposal and Recycling Service You Can Rely On
Jamie’s Computers recently surveyed our current business customers, and 83.3% rated our computer recycling service as excellent, and the other 16.7% rated us as good. When asked if you would recommend Jamie’s to others, we scored a perfect 100%.
Here are a few of our computer recycling customer comments:
“Jamie’s Computers offer an efficient, reliable service. I’ve never had any cause for complaint.”
“The service seems to be run very efficiently, from initial contact through to collection and follow-up paperwork. It is very useful to be able to have equipment collected from the office and put to good use, and data destroyed properly.”
“Very fast & efficient from initial phone call to the collection of the computers. “